Thursday, August 29, 2013

Adaptive Action Sports

Heathcare is different since it is not only about generating profits, but rather helping people as well. My name is Eliott Konsin and I came across Adaptive Action Sports through an acquaintance and would like to communicate how impressed I am with this amazing non-profit organization. My particular niche within the healthcare industry is in the sales and marketing of medical devices. I delight in presenting new products to doctors and medical personnel and showing them how the product can enhance what they do every day. Along with recommending products, I get to meet new individuals which is always one thing I appreciate.



Adaptive Action Sports (AAS) is a non-profit organization established in 2005 by Amy and Daniel Gale. Action Sport development training programs are provided for youth, young adults and wounded vets every one with permanent physical disabilities.

Right after Amy lost her legs, she was distressed from the fact that she was not able to connect with resources that would help her return to snowboarding and skateboarding, the sporting activities she adored and previously excelled at. "I found lot's of resources for skiing, running, cycling and swimming, but my love was for 'action sports' which unfortunately were still fighting their way to recognition." With unlimited experimentation and support Amy was able to find her way back into action sports and is once again a champion snowboarder. In order to help make snowboarding and all "action sports" obtainable to other 'adaptive' individuals, Daniel and Amy formed AAS. Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment